CONTENTS (Google Translate Thai click แปลไทยhere)1. Sponsors & link to Photo Album 2. Introduction 3. References The proposal & constructing the tour 4. Travel Diary - daily photo collage and comments 5. Knowledge Base - Songkran and Thailand 6. Videos - tours and Songkran
1. Sponsors and photo AlbumsLINKSTravel Diary - below with a daily photo collage and links to venues. If the pictures below DO NOT display use this external link click herePHOTO ALBUM - click here photos added daily and closing 29/04. Photo help options click hereTOUR VIDEO - all to be published 10/05Videos added to bottom
BOOK YOUR SEAT ON 2011 TOUR - SEE DETAILS IN THE FORUM ARTICLE
LIMITED TOUR SEATS!
2. Introduction: The clan (W.A.) is united and mounting a challenge for Phuket 2010 Songkran Festival. Our team began a rigorous and disciplinary approach to demonstrate our commitment to this SENSATIONAL EVENT Photo album = 180 pics + 4 video links see below Team members have focus objectives:-some practice their firepower, some their drinking, some their language skills and some their smiles AND everyone is unanimous of the oath that.... "we will, we will, drentch them!"
09/04/210 – Friday
West Australia to Patong Beach Phuket Thailand Flight 6 hrs .. taxi 45 mins
Dinner: Tipsy Prawn – Aussie owned Venue. Located on the Beach. Casual outdoor with mixed menu. Everyone receives Hats, Badges and small gifts to give to new Thai friends along the adventure read more about the Tipsy Prawn
Nightlife tour - Bangla road - only 100 mtrs from Safari Hotel and Tipsy Prawn. Bangla Road is the Nightlife centre of Patong
Here we visit ... Aussie and Thai Bars, try our hand out some of the Thai Bar games. Try driving a 3 inch nail into a block of wood using a sharp edge hammer or building a jenga monument or just visit Soi Kaetoy (the lady-boys.. they are so cute.. and friendly.. read more about Kaetoys
10/04/2010 SaturdayTransport: made friends with a Tuktuk driver Khun AEK (Ph: 08 24116961). His English is good and shows us how to save time and money. His close friend Khun Surin has aircon van.
Grand Prix racing event 2 venues located only 20 mins from Patong beach. We visit the the one you can't see from the main road, it's bigger and faster! - karts with speed up to 120kms). The venue also has "Fish massage" crazy but true!
11/04/2010 SundayTour: Buddha Hill – 45 mins from Patong BeachHighest point in Phuket – the Buddha monument is stunning as are the views. The hung over group in our team enjoy the comfort of Khun Surin's aircon van. Unfortunately most of the group are suffering in 12.md heat of the day as they try to recover from a 4am drinking session! We stopped at one of the restaurants half way up for delicious authentic Thai food. The big surprise was how incredibly tasty the fruit shakes tasted ... we re ordered until they ran out of stock!! read more about Buddha Hill in this Forum article.Dinner - some joined other WA visitors fopr a Birthday dinner and the rest of us went to Phuket Fantasea. about 20 mins from Patong. (forum article). You can view the show or just go for dinner (buffet) and the theme park ... but make sure you get there early..
13/04/2010 – Tuesday
14/04/2010 Wednesday Transfer to Bangkok
Best Comfort Apartments in Sukhumvit
forum article about Best Comfort.
15/04/2010 - Thursday
The City is very quite (many Locals go home to join Songkran with family) and the Red Shirts protests have kept tourist away thanks to crazy Media.
Shopping - use the tour map at Exec tours bkk - Shopping - Phantip plaza – electronics, Platinum Plaza - clothing
webpage - Exec Tours Bkk-shoppingBreak for a Massage and then more Shopping
16/04/2010 – Friday
1. Flight with the gibbons around 2500 baht - 8am until 5 pm event.
6 of our group tested this event and rate it 8 out of 10. forum article in detail
1. Dentist and confirm price and service is excellent (Dentist are promoted in Exec Tours Bkk website)
2. Chao Phaya River cruise and Khao San Road and Kings Palace
Dinner: Cabbages and Condoms - Soi 12. Lovely Garden restaurant setting. Greta food and everyone gets free Condoms ?.. "what the" see forum link
Tour – nightlife
Aussie Pub and BBQ – Soi 11,
Bed Super-club Soi 11,
Bangkok Beat Soi 7
Climax Nightclub Soi 11
17/04/2010 – Saturday
Flight back to Perth West AustraliaUnfortunately the tour team ran out of time to visit The to visit "skybar". It's the highest rooftop bar and restaurant in the world... (a minimum dress standard is required) doh! "maibenrai" more info about The skybar in this forum - see travel thailand - Bangkok - or click here Tour videounder production expect to be released by 10/05/10.reserve your seat for the 2011 tour .. seats are limited...e: email@example.com us the names and ages
5. Knowledge baseSongkran is the beginning of the wet season and Summer heat. If you want a prediction of the weather forecast for this trip visit this page link (click on the location, set the dates and get a prediction)Travel Thailand website www.tt.austhai.biz includes Language tips and a survivor Pak document that you can print – see this link Travel Survival kit (it includes basic works for shopping and eating so print and carry with you).Thailand Travel info, Travel Tips – FAQ and do’s and don’ts click hereMobile phones with Internet access can use google maps GPS to accurately orientate to find venues – very useful in BangkokMobile phones – contact your service provide to ensure you activate roaming email – check you phone setting and ensure you DO NOT email setting on PUSH –change to FETCH to avoid excessive costs on your download.Accommodation in Phuket and Bangkok have Internet facilities including wifi (Safari is free)Travel Bangkok info www.exectoursbangkok.thaibis.comTours, venues and activities have been selected with consideration of something for everyone, they will not suit everyone, unless you focus on enjoying new experiences.
Night and day fights
day only - brilliant video
2. Tour - phuket and tour bangkok - due to be published 10/05 MORE VIDEOS HERE PHUKET (b4 Songkran) click here added on 11/05 BANGKOK (after Songkran) click here added on 12/05BOOK YOUR SEAT ON 2011 TOUR - LIMITED SEATS! Tour date April 2011 - Phuket and Bangkokreserve your seat for the 2011 tour .. seats are limited... e: firstname.lastname@example.org tell us the names and ages Tour discussion and planning begins 2010-October, early bird bookings are lower prices (bulk bookings), late bookings - no guarantee preferred accommodation
Photo - collage of geeman in Phuket and BangkokSongkran, Patong.... Our band of brothers affectionately named the ‘Songkran Slayers’ was a blend of youth and experience that came together to celebrate the 2010 festival. Monday morning we were receiving reports of small outbreaks of water fights and by the afternoon there is just no place to hide on the streets. We stand back to back as we carry out a sortie down Bangla Road thinking safety in numbers regardless we are totally overwhelmed by the length and breadth of the fighting taking place but amazingly without any sense of aggression, only in the spirit of total enjoyment. Although we held our own there was just too many fights to fight, the water just came from everywhere. A tactical retreat in to a side bar with a full frontal attack on a opposing bar left us with a short lived taste of victory as a surprise counter attach caught us totally off guard. The youth in our team took up an offensive position behind the grassy knoll at the hotel which proved to provide an endless supply of surprised squealing targets thru out the night. Tuesday and the streets are out of control, we hit the road in the back of a ute with two large drums filled with ice water (thanks to the hotel), the colder the better the reaction when hit. Carnage abounds during the day on a road tour throughout Patong. Every man, women and child is out and armed with a spray of water hidden behind a friendly smile. By the evening all clam is restored to the place as the festival moves on around the country. After hearing stories of past Songkran my expectations were high and I must report expectations well and truly surpassed in this instance. This festival is truly a celebration that lifts the soul, the shear enjoyment of the experience had is addictive, you can’t avoid it just join in and enjoy it.
To be completely honest, prior to this trip I had prepared myself for some disasters. But I was proved wrong, the trip was a total success and entirely enjoyable. The Songkran festival really isn't something you can explain, it's something to be experienced, and has to be seen to be believed. The atmosphere on Patong beach is so exciting, the good attitude and warm smiles are contagious. One of the highlights was hiding behind hedges and attacking unsuspecting victims with icy water. You would be surprised how many people become involved and encourage the game, hotel and restaurant staff always have some ice handy and are very generous. Bangla Road is a unique place and in some people an acquired taste. This is where you have to let go of your negative thinking and just have an open mind, because lady boys can be very funny. There's always plenty happening on Patong beach. I reccommend the jet ski and banana boat hire on the beach, but only for those who are physically capable, it's exhausting! Over all, I had a lot more fun than I thought I would, and I'll definately be back. I think Lucky deserves a much earned THANKYOU for taking us all on this exciting experience.